Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Pure Ice: Viva Las Vegas

Pure Ice Viva Las Vegas


Pure Ice Viva Las Vegas is the sort of color that makes me squee with joy. It's a purply-taupey-white-gold-shimmery little bottle of joy. I love, love, love this color.

Two coats provided pretty solid color, and three got me to to true to bottle level. Depending on how I hold my hands, and how the light hits them, I get everything from taupe to shimmery gold, to an almost blue-tinged light dirty-purple (that absolutely refused to be photographed). Did I mention I love this color?

I am somewhat less impressed by the dry time.

So, I put it on, skipping the top coat because I wanted to see how it wore on it's own. And the correct answer was, great, once it fully dried. Now, I used OPI's drying drops, because I just don't have hours to lay about without moving my hands. Most of the time I plop on the drops, give my hands a good twenty minutes of down time, and I've got bullet-proof nails.

Not so much for this shade. An hour after I put this on, I was getting dings and scratches. Two hours later, and I had bullet-proof nails. There's a tiny scratch on the middle finger, and I ended up with a large ding on the thumb, that also refused to be photographed.

Once it dried, I got two days of no visible wear or tear. Little tip wear by day three. On day four the nail was showing through on the tip. No chips or fading. 

Other Press:

http://beautybycrystalstore.blogspot.com/2012/11/mani-monday-pure-ice-viva-las-vegas.html

http://lizzysblogplace.blogspot.com/2012/12/pure-ice-underwear-4-viva-las-vegas.html

http://glitterandunicorns-angiebee.blogspot.com/2012/11/pure-ice-swatchfest.html 

Other Shots:



No comments:

Post a Comment