Sunday, January 20, 2013

OPI: I've Got A Herring Problem Review

I got this one while stalking about Ulta, enjoying one of their sales. I thought it was a matte gray-blue while in the store. Once home, I noticed it was a nicely sparkly little thing, with some tiny glassy bits adding a little bling to what might otherwise be a drab color.

I wasn't sure if it would stain or not, so I put a base coat on to go with it. Usually I try to test out a color sans base or top coat. I already know how well my base/top coat combo works (five or so days with no issues besides a bit of tip wear.) I want to know how well the polish wears on it's own! But in that I'm still growing out an unfortunate experience with a red polish, I'm being careful about this sort of thing now.

Three fairly thin coats got me true to bottle color. It's not entirely opaque, I can still see the nail line if the light hits my hand right, but the color looks the same as it does in the bottle, so I stopped at three.

Coats one and two were both a little patchy, but by coat three everything had evened out nicely.

Here it is right after I did the manicure:

Seriously, right after. I haven't even cleaned up the edges, yet.


Twenty four hours:


Little bit of tip wear on my first finger.


Forty-eight:



The dreaded hot shower test killed this one. None of those chips were there until I hopped in  nice, long, steamy shower. So, I got 47.5 hours of just dandy out of this, and my guess is that if I had held off on the shower this would have worn a whole lot longer. 

I'm fairly pleased with this one. A bit more wear time would have been good, but it's a great color, and wore just fine as long as I didn't stress it too badly.


Other Press:

http://www.the-crumpet.com/2012/02/opi-i-have-herring-problem.html

http://www.amandalandish.com/2012/04/opi-i-have-herring-problem.html

http://www.nailzilla.com/2012/02/opi-i-have-herring-problem-holland-2012.html



I used it in this look with L'Oreal's Walk on the Beach.



And a different look I did a bit earlier with OPI's In Her Majesty's Secret Service.



Yeah, I've worn a few letters off my keyboard. It's one of the
rarely mentioned perils of being an author.

No comments:

Post a Comment