Monday, January 21, 2013

All that Glitters is Blue

I had OPI's I've Got A Herring Problem on my right hand, and Sally Hansen's Lustre Shine in Firefly on my left. After forty-eight hours, Herring was done for the wear test. But Firefly was still going strong. Since trying to take polish off of one hand while wearing it on the other never works for me, I decided to spruce up Herring by adding a coat of all of my blue (or blueish) glitters.

Here they are all together:





I did one coat of each, just to see how they looked.

On the thumb:

Pure Ice French Twist is a black jelly with blue mirco glitter and hex glitter. It's got a very nice depth, looking like the glitter is embedded in a slick of color, not just glued onto the finger.

On the first finger:
Seriously, that's one coat.
Sally Henson Gem Crush 01 Showgirl Crush. That's one coat. This is insanely packed with glitter that goes on like a dream. Tons of silver micro glitter and little bitty blue hexes.

Middle finger:
Really, in most lights it reads green.
Sinful Colors Nail Junkie. This one is not very blue, it's more a teal-y green. I love looking at this one, it's green jelly base, with silver and green micro glitter and copper, pink, blue, and green flashing holo glitter. Sooo pretty.

Ring finger:

 
Spoiled Trust Fund Baby. This was a Littlest Dude pick. It's a pretty straight forward mix of blue, black, pink, and silver glitter. Not a ton of it in there, but it does a nice job as an accent.

Pinkie:


NYC Long Wearing 105 Starry Silver Glitter. Name pretty much says it all. It's silver micro glitter with pink and blue hexes. The Hexes don't seem to want to join the party on the nail. They'd rather hang out on the brush, so getting them on my nail was a bit of a challenge, but eventually I got a few on there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment