Monday, January 14, 2013

Loreal Walk on the Beach 300: Review

 
I'd call this a cool leaning to neutral light tan. Basically I saw it, and thought, "Ohhhh... I've got the perfect color to go with this." I had gotten Pure Ice Viva Las Vegas a few days before and had already done my nails with it. So this was just sitting there, looking all creamy and pretty, and I knew what I was going to do with it.






On it went, and I do like the way it looks as the tips of the nails, but for the beds, it went on kind of streaky. It took two thick coats to get a smooth surface, and it still looks a little uneven.

Oh well, that'll happen sometimes when you layer polish A over polish B, and the tips looked quite good.

Next came the on it's own test, where I took off that look, and went for Walk on it's own.

I needed three coats to get true to bottle color.


That's sixteen hours after I put Walk on. You can see there was a tiny bit of bubbling on my ring finger, and there's some tip wear on the first finger. This is my left hand, and I'm a righty, SAHM, and writer, so it's not like those fingers were doing anything all that strenuous. (I should probably also mention that 9 of those 16 hours were spent in bed.)

Close up after sixteen hours:


Now, when I test a polish, I don't use a top coat, and only use a base coat if I think it'll stain. I don't want to test how well my top and base coat work. I already know how well they wear. So those pics are Walk all on it's own.

Still that's more tip wear than I like, so I decided to camouflage it with a second color combination I had planned for this. Walk on the Beach x OPI I've Got A Herring Problem. It's a basic, put on one color (Walk) let dry, apply tape, paint second color (Herring), remove tape, volia, you have a manicure type of thing.


Pretty combo, yeah? Well, I think so. But still, why is one finger all blue, and why is there some sort of weird goopy thing on the thumb?

Here's what happened when I took the tape off the first finger:

Yeah, that's pretty ugly.

Remember, Walk had been on for more than sixteen hours at that point. So, it's not like I didn't give it enough time to dry, and it just peeled right off.

I honestly don't know why this happened to the thumb. It wasn't like that before I put the top coat over the manicure on, but it was after. (Yes, I use a top coat when I'm not testing for wear.)


I left my right hand with just Walk on it. I wanted to see how it did on a longer test. This is 40 hours after I put it on.

 

So, that's a bit more wear and chipping than I like in a nail polish. Anyway, I like this color, but I'm not terribly impressed by the wear or the application. 


Other reviews:

http://kittypolishnbags.wordpress.com/2012/10/12/loreal-walk-on-the-beach/

http://prettysquared.blogspot.com/2012/10/notd-loreal-colour-riche-polish-walk-on.html

http://www.allaboutthejoy.com/2012/10/loreal-walk-on-the-beach/

No comments:

Post a Comment